[bc-gnso] Attempt to bridge Board GAC impasse

Chris Chaplow chris at andalucia.com
Fri Apr 8 10:29:44 UTC 2011

Michael,

Thanks for posting the article which has it merits towards solving a
difficult problem.

I notice that it contemplates reducing the four month communication campaign
to two.

I think a more hangs on this campaign and we (community) are not paying much
attention to it.

In most parts of the world the gTLD program is unknown - we need to ensure
the gTLD's are not just open to the enlightened few who attend ICANN
meetings.  This is the purpose of the communications plan.  In this present
environment we expect about 500 applications.

However, with a  successful campaign, and mainstream media running with the
story.  I think we will see human 'herd mentality'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_mentality  and tens of thousands of
applications.

The draft communications plan is posted here
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/draft-communications-plan-oct09-en.
pdf

Apologies for being slightly 'off piste' to the thrust of your article and
all the hard work that has gone into it. Nether the less worth a comment.

Best regards

Chris Chaplow
Managing Director
Andalucia.com S.L.