[bc-gnso] Re: For BC review & comment: draft response to Whois Review Team

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Fri Apr 8 15:06:19 UTC 2011

Lynn — I agree we want a broad definition of "consumer" for purposes of reviewing WHOIS.  That's why I recommended we select the
thought the scond defintion (below) was the one

Any consumer that acts as a Producer of WHOIS data (see above), Maintainer of WHOIS data and provider of WHOIS Service (e.g. Registrars), or User of WHOIS data (e.g. – individuals, commercial or non-commercial entities who legitimately query the WHOIS data).