[bc-gnso] RWHOIS Studies Reports & DSSA-WG - 24th Feb - certain other issues on which members may want to provide feedback

Zahid Jamil zahid at dndrc.com
Thu Feb 17 16:33:35 UTC 2011

Item 6: WHOIS studies (20 minutes)

A new WHOIS studies report has been posted
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois/whois-pp-relay-reveal-studies-report-11fe
b11-en.pdf.
This includes the staff analysis on the last of the 4 WHOIS studies that the
Council asked staff to scope for cost and feasibility (this is the study on
"Privacy and Proxy Relay and Reveal").

The Council must now decide which of the remaining 3 studies (Registrant
Identification, Proxy and Privacy "abuse" and this Relay and Reveal study)
staff should initiate.
(see http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois/whois-studies-chart-11feb11-en.pdf)

6.1 Update on WHOIS studies (Liz Gasster)

I suggest we lobby for all 3 and not cherry-picking only one Report for
initiation

Item 7: Joint DNS security and stability analysis working group (DSSA-WG)
(10 minutes)

Volunteers period has closed - CBUC members are:

Zahid Jamil (CBUC)

Scott McCormick (CBUC)

Mikey O'Connor (CBUC)

Adam Palmer is not on the list - I have spoken to Julie Hedlund and she
clarified that this was an error and Adam's name will be added

Best regards,

Zahid Jamil

Barrister-at-law

Jamil & Jamil

Barristers-at-law

219-221 Central Hotel Annexe

Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan

Cell: +923008238230

Tel: +92 21 35680760 / 35685276 / 35655025

Fax: +92 21 35655026

www.jamilandjamil.com <http://www.jamilandjamil.com/>

Notice / Disclaimer

This message contains confidential information and its contents are being
communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents above may
contain/are the intellectual property of Jamil & Jamil, Barristers-at-Law,
and constitute privileged information protected by attorney client
privilege. The reproduction, publication, use, amendment, modification of
any kind whatsoever of any part or parts (including photocopying or storing
it in any medium by electronic means whether or not transiently or
incidentally or some other use of this communication) without prior written
permission and consent of Jamil & Jamil is prohibited.