[bc-gnso] ICANN Governance Public Comment Topic: Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT): Final Recommendations

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 00:45:56 UTC 2011

BC Members:
>From time to time, as chair, I will be posting announcements about ICANN governance/non policy topics that are open for public comment to the broader Internet community. This is provided as a informational courtesy to BC members.  Rarely would we be developing BC comments on ICANN governance topics, but some members who do post individuallymay wish to share their comments with the full BC, and that is welcomed.
The BC has several gTLD policy priorities to address in the next several weeks, including topics like WHOIS and SSR, how to impact the intersessional session of the GAC/Board.  We will be discussing those topics in our next BC call early next week. At that time, we can also briefly discuss this topic, depending on members interests and priorities.
I do want to acknowledge that governance of the organization has a significant impact on the BC's larger concerns.  This is not a gTLD Council issue, but has broader interests and implications for business users. If there is sufficient interest among members on this topic, I will organize a segment of our BC call in February to discuss this topic.
In the meantime, please review the call for comments below, and consider your association/company's interest in developing your individual comments.
And, look for a second email from me, announcing a BC members call early next week, to provide input and feedback on gTLD topics and the upcoming Council call.
Happy New Year....
Marilyn CadeBC Chair
Announcement:   Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT): Final RecommendationsPlease visit the ICANN Public Comment Page for documents and details for public comment.