[bc-gnso] security events

Adam Palmer Adam_Palmer at symantec.com
Mon Jan 17 22:11:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am sorry if some of this is a repost.  I can't remember if I sent this to the BC list already.

There will be a security education/discussion track at the next ICANN meeting.  I am told coordinators are Rod Rasmussen, Yurie Ito and the FBI's Bobby Flaim.  I know they are still in early stages of getting it together.  Any of them can probably provide more info about plans.  Email me if you need help contacting one of them and want more info.

I am in Lyon France this week at one of INTERPOL's cybercrime meetings.  If I hear any new ideas re: cybersecurity, I will of course try to share them with this group.

There is also going to be a large Asia focused cyber security event in KL, Malaysia next month.  I will be there on a panel with our colleagues from Facebook, as well as UK Romanian LE.  It should also be a great event.  If you are in the area let me know.  Again, I will try to pass along any interesting news.

Best regards,
Adam

Adam Palmer
Norton Lead Cyber Security Advisor