[bc-gnso] Change in the social hour tonight for BC -- begins at 7:10 p.m./following a Council-Board meeting today from 5:30 - 7 p.m.

mscade at cox.net mscade at cox.net
Sat Jun 18 07:00:34 UTC 2011

UPDATE for members:

The Social hour for BC members [and any personal guests] is postponed to 7.10 p.m./due to the meeting of the Council and the Board. LOCATION to be confirmed later.

GNSO Council's topics and positions on Topics for discussion with the Board are still being worked out in the GNSO Council Working Session right now.
The Council will meet with the Board in Sophia from 5:30 - 7 p.m. today.

You can watch the Council list for possible decisions on the topics they will discuss with the Board.   They did not finalize the topics in the discussion slot today.

Several of your BC members and officers/and both Zahid Jamil and John Berard are in the meeting room, so if you have questions, feel free to post to bcprivate.

One topic is about Cross Group WGS:  The discussion today within the Council was lengthy and somewhat confusing.  It included discussion of an email that Stephane sent as Chair to the Board regarding his views about characterization of the Council's attitude/behavior toward developing countries;the JAS WG status and Council's actions; and Council;s views on Cross Group WGs.

My recollection is that the BC supported the JAS Working Group.  Also, while we will discuss Cross SO/SG - AC WGs this week, we don't have a position in the BC. Today's discussions among the Council was confused about JAS views and cross So/SG -AC working groups. There is a working draft document that John Berard is forwarding to the BC list and we can discuss it online, and we will take a few minutes to discuss it on Tuesday's p.m. session.

Looking forward to seeing those of you here at drinks, just after the Board/Council session.
It might end a few minutes early. It is hard to forecast. The Council has drinks with the Board  right after the meeting, so we will not see Zahid and John at our drinks event for Members.