[bc-gnso] Input needed from all members

Anders Halvorsen ahalvorsen at witsa.org
Fri Mar 4 04:28:21 UTC 2011

I agree with Leigh on the inclusion of SSR. Also, the Affirmation of Commitments is important to WITSA and TechAmerica.  Both of us put a lot of time into trying to protect ICANN and they don't work very well with the GAC, regardless of the topic.  The meeting in Brussels seems to be a start on an improving relationship. With the risks externally, we should keep the AoC on the discussion list, as well as SSR and new gTLDs.

That would be three topics, as you requested.

WITSA's Jimson Olufuye was with Marilyn Cade and Theresa Swinehart at the recent CSTD Working Group on the improvements to the IGF. Maybe the idea of working more constructively with us, and others would be a good topic for the business community and the Board discussion. There are a lot of BC members who are involved in the IGF who will be in San Francisco.

Regards,
Anders Halvorsen
WITSA