[bc-gnso] Sunrise vs IP Clearinghouse

Ron Andruff randruff at rnapartners.com
Wed Mar 9 21:52:42 UTC 2011

Dear members,

I wanted to follow up on one of the issues that was discussed on the BC call
this past Monday because I think that there may be many others like myself
that need further information to understand this important debate.  I am
speaking of the difference between ‘sunrise periods’ and the new ‘IP
clearinghouse’ and would like to know the rationale behind NOT having both,
as well as why ICANN would push back on the GAC vis-à-vis the GAC’s wish to
continue the clearinghouse AFTER launch of a new TLD.

Can Mike Palage or others who are knowledgeable in this area please provide
us with some background and clarification as to why the BC wouldn’t want
both and continually?

Thank you in advance,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff