[bc-gnso] Knujon Internet Security Report

Chris Chaplow chris at andalucia.com
Thu Mar 17 07:36:19 UTC 2011

Dear Members,

You may be interested to review the latest Knujon Internet Security Report.

Chris Chaplow

--------------------------
Chris,

We have just issued a new report detailing abuse of the Domain Name System
and Registrar contract compliance issues. It is available on our home page:
http://www.knujon.com or directly at
http://www.knujon.com/KnujOn_security_abuse_report_031411.pdf

The report specifically discusses:

1. Registrars with current legal issues
2. Illicit Use of Privacy-Proxy WHOIS Registration (also detailed
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20110310_proxy_privacy_user_higher_for_illicit
_domains/)
3. A study on the contracted obligation for Bulk WHOIS Access
4. Policy Failures and Malware (also detailed here:
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20100922_policy_failure_enables_mass_malware_p
art_i_rx_partners_vipmeds/)
5. A study of where counterfeiters go to buy trademarked domain names
6. And an introduction to our new statistical methods for measuring Internet
abuse.

Please contact me with any questions, Garth
Garth Bruen at Knujon.com [mailto:gbruen at knujon.com]