[bc-gnso] bc comments in Public Forum/

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 01:38:11 UTC 2011

Dear Members, please note the BC comment on the ATRT in the Public Forum. This is the statement as written. There are a few differences in the early introduction. I apologize for that, but it isn't a substantive difference.Chris will post his comments separately.  As noted, all statements will be put on the website as soon as we can. We are postingthem to the bc-gnso list because it is an archived list and you will be able to find the powerpoints and public statements there,as well as on the BC website itself.
As an update, I am still editing the comments during the Monday and Wednesday Public Forum on the as i gave them Monday and Wednesday, but in that case, I am going to go to the transcript and put in exactly what I said.  Those comments are also being submitted as a document with an introductinn of who the BC is, to the staff, at the request of the Chair/Board.  You will all see them, of course.
UPDATE on the meeting Report: Chris and Benedetta and I will be working on the main report, with sections provided by Steve/Zahid/John. We will have a transcript, but we will also give you a short meeting report, with the PowerPoints. There are some work items which willbe described in the Meeting Report, and individual follow up with members on a few topics/action items, especially regardingpublic comments on various open public comment items.
We had a members discussion on the Board Seat process, as all of you know. There will be a posted update separatelyfor the members.
It is possible that further decisions on relevant topics may emerge tonight or early tomorrow. We will do our best to keep you informed of any decisions affecting the BC's interests.
This was a highly confusing meeting with all the scheduling changes. I want to express my appreciation for the patienceof all of you, as I kept delaying in finalizing the schedule due to lack of information. I was very regretful about that situation,and please know that all our officers worked hard to minimize the negative impacts on you.We owe a word of thanks to the speakers who showed such great flexibility as I moved them around several times.
Special thanks to the other officers and councilors, and to all of the members who came in person and who participted online with us.  And a very warm welcome to Benedetta Rossi, our new secretariat. Benedetta was with us from Saturday later afternoonthrough mid day Wednesday and met many of you. Join me in thanking her as well for jumping into the deep end of the ICANN waters, and helping to make us all moreeffective and smoothing our organizing tremendously.
It is possible that we may have one more BC huddle, if new information develops on the election process for the Board seat.

Marilyn CadeBC Chair