[bc-gnso] for expedited review: draft BC comment on registry proposal for Continuity Operations Instrument (COI)

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Wed Nov 30 22:29:45 UTC 2011

John,

First let me thank you for undertaking this task on behalf of the BC.  My
intention is not to use openness and transparency as a sword, but as a
shield.  I just think at this point in time with the threat of more pending
lawsuits on the horizon we do ICANN, your stakeholder group, and the new
gTLD process a favor by exercising more disclosure not less.

In your capacity as an observer in the registry constituency you have seen
how each member that votes or does not vote on an issues is documented.
While I think you and I bring an incredible SMB business perspective to this
group and while individual BC members trust our ability to do the right
thing, we need to realize that ICANN's action are being analyzed under a
microscope by some third parties that will not be giving us that benefit of
the doubt and why we need to go above and beyond.

Thanks again for your effort, and I apologize if there was any
misunderstanding regarding my initial concerns.

Best regards,

Michael