[bc-gnso] URGENT: cancellation of meeting today of BC -- REVISED DECISION/APOLOGIES TO BENE AND CHRIS/PHILIP AND MARTINaTH

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:36:41 UTC 2011

urgent change:
MARTIN/PHILIP: with apologies, I am going to ask that I move your presentation to our next members call [Nov 11 probably]. The two rescheduled workshops have 'eaten' members availability.

I do offer apologies for making this last minute cancellation. [and to Bene and Chris, who were with me this a.m. finalizing adm. work, and whom I asked to remind members of the meeting.
On the way, I ran into a few members and they were courteous to advise me that they just saw the change, and would like to be at the workshops.
It is an accident of scheduling that happened I gather yesterday or late the day before and was not 'noticed'  unfortunately, so we didn't  have the input yesterday to take this into account. Things move so quickly around here!  It has felt like an excessively dynamic agenda this time.
Trademark Clearing house has also eaten Phil Corwin's availability. Thanks, Phil, for your courtesy in letting us know. With apologies to all, I am thinking that I'll show up in the room, explain the situation, and make the executive decision that we can't be in two places at one time, after all.
So, please participate in either the Trademark Clearing House or Consumer Choice workshops, and come to the GNSO Council.  You have my brief talking pointsseparately for your review. It is unusual for the Chair to speak at the Council, and I am not encouraging that, as you will see. John asked for something else, and he and Zahid can continue to work toward support forJohn's proposal for more interaction with the participants. Thanks, John, for that great suggestion.
with apologies for the change so late [and apologies to Bene for my overruling your efficient notice without warning.
For members, Bene is not working today, as we don't fund her beyond a couple of hours on Wednesdays, so come to me if you have questions that I can help with, or ask Chris.  and join me in thanking Bene for her great help to all of us in her time here.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair