[bc-gnso] defining "Consumer Trust" in new gTLD reviews

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Tue Sep 6 18:08:23 UTC 2011

BC members — on last week's member call I discussed our role in a working group to define Consumer Trust, Choice, and Competition for the required review of the new gTLD program 1 year later.

Below is a note I sent to the working group today, regarding whether a review of  "Consumer Trust" should examine whether new gTLD registries have followed relevant national laws -- as proposed by the BC in Philip Sheppard's draft document and at the workshop in Singapore.