[bc-gnso] RE: Policy calendar for 10-Apr-2012 BC member call
psc at vlaw-dc.com
Tue Apr 10 14:55:31 UTC 2012
I really regret that I will not be able to join this call at 11 because I have a call with a client's Board.
How long is it scheduled to go? I may be able to join after some time has passed. If not, I will follow up separately.
Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
1155 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
"Luck is the residue of design" -- Branch Rickey
From: owner-bc-gnso at icann.org [mailto:owner-bc-gnso at icann.org] On Behalf Of Steve DelBianco
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 9:39 PM
To: bc - GNSO list
Subject: [bc-gnso] Policy calendar for 10-Apr-2012 BC member call
Here is the latest BC policy calendar, for use during our 10-Apr-2012 member call.
Channel 1. BC participation in ICANN Public Comment process:
ICANN Public Comment page is here<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment>
1. Draft roadmap to implement SAC 51 protocol for WHOIS (comments closed 8-Apr)
BC comments are here<http://forum.icann.org/lists/sac051-draft-roadmap/msg00009.html>.
2. Initial Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs (comments close 13-Apr)
3. Proposal to Protect Red Cross and Olympics Names at the Top Level in New gTLDs (comments close 14-Apr)
4. IRTP-B PDP on WHOIS status messages (comments close 14-Apr)
5. ICANN Board Conflicts of Interest - Revised Policy (comments close 24-Apr)
6. Review of the ASO (comments close 30-Apr)
7. IDN Variant Issues Project plan (comments close 29-Apr)
8. Draft Advice on definitions & targets for Consumer Trust, Choice, and Competition in new gTLD program (initial comments close 17-Apr) (link to advice<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/cctc-draft-advice-letter-22feb12-en.pdf> )
9. Security, Stability & Resiliency Review Team (SSR RT) - Draft (initial comments close 15-Apr)
Marilyn Cade prepared initial draft for BC comments on 9-Apr (attached)
10. Fake Renewal notices report (initial comments close 20-Apr)
11. .com Registry Agreement Renewal (initial comments close 26-Apr)
12. Second Annual IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process Review (initial comments close 30-Apr)
13. .post agreement amendment (initial comments close 9-May)
Note: BC members are encouraged to submit individual / company comments. The BC selects topics on which to submit official positions based on member interest.
Channel 2. Support for discussion and votes of our representatives on GNSO Council
John Berard and Zahid Jamil, BC Councilors
Next GNSO Council teleconference on 12-Apr-2012 (Agenda link<http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/agenda-council-12apr12-en.htm>) (Motions<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+12+April+2012>)
Item 3: Motion to delay PDP for Thick Whois until after .com negotiations are completed. (Nov-2012)
Item 4: Motion to request Issues Report on protecting names and acronyms of intergovernmental organizations. (IGOs)
Item 5: Discussion on .com contract renewal. Council discussions are being cited as the rationale for the fact that the 2012 .COM contract contains no obligations on the registry operator to switch to a thick WHOIS format. Considering the debate that went on at Council level on this issue, the Council may deem this to be a misrepresentation.
Item 6: ICANN compliance reporting on systems to track violations and complaints. On 18 March, ICANN's Compliance Dept submitted its report (link <http://gnso.icann.org/issues/rap/contractual-compliance-report-reporting-uniformity-16mar12-en.pdf> ). Council is expected to discuss next steps, including the recommendations of the RAP WG.
Item 7: Update on RAA amendment negotiations
GNSO Project Status available here<http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/pending-projects-list.pdf%20>
Channel 3. Supporting discussion and voting on policy matters before the Commercial Stakeholders Group (CSG)
Elisa Cooper, CSG Liaison, and Marilyn Cade (alternate)
Channel 4. BC statements and responses during public meetings (outreach events, public forum, etc.)
Affirmation review team for Whois (Susan Kawaguchi, Lynn Goodendorf, Bill Smith)
Affirmation review team for SSR (Security, Stability, & Resilience) (Jeff Brueggeman)
Remaining implementation work for gTLD expansion plan, incl BC requests for specific improvements (here<http://forum.icann.org/lists/newgtlds-defensive-applications/msg00022.html>)
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com>
Version: 10.0.1424 / Virus Database: 2411/4924 - Release Date: 04/09/12
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bc-gnso