[bc-gnso] ALERTS from the Secretariat: Statement on TLD Application System

Benedetta Rossi bc-secretariat at icann.org
Fri Apr 13 14:22:41 UTC 2012

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-3-12apr12-en.htm

  Statement on TLD Application System

We have learned of a possible glitch in the TLD application system
software that has allowed a limited number of users to view some other
users' file names and user names in certain scenarios.

Out of an abundance of caution, we took the system offline to protect
applicant data. We are examining how this issue occurred and considering
appropriate steps forward.

We apologize for any concern this may have caused and will communicate
on a regular basis on our website, which can be found at
http://newgtlds.icann.org

Akram Atallah
Chief Operating Officer
ICANN