[bc-gnso] BC Outreach at Costa Press Club, Marbella, Spain

Chris Chaplow chris at andalucia.com
Fri Feb 17 20:13:57 UTC 2012

Hi there

Thanks to everybody for your trust in re-electing me, much appreciated.

Here  is a newspaper report of an outreach presentation I gave last week at
a local press club.

I placed a copy of the BC newsletter on every seat and all were taken away.

This was REAL outreach to the 46 attendees most of who had never heard of
ICANN before.

Thanks to Marilyn for helping with the presentation and Cheryl for creating
a super keynote presentation.

Two photos attached for our next newsletter. One of the end of the
presentations where I urge people to follow ICANN and BC, and another of my
best shot at recruiting younger members to the BC.   I am aware of one
person who has signed up for the pre CR policy webinar.

Local TV was also present for a documentary and  I expect to be able to
offer You Tube link for this.

Happy to report that the event was better attended (40 according to Kevin
Murphy) that the one that

Burson Marsella organised in London and was presented by Kurt.

   <http://domainincite.com/icann-has-100-new-gtld-applicants/>
http://domainincite.com/icann-has-100-new-gtld-applicants/

I will try and get a one page PDF but this report that appeared in page 29
of today edition of local weekly paper.

 <http://services.surinenglish.com/virtual/20120217/>
http://services.surinenglish.com/virtual/20120217/

best