[bc-gnso] FW: Extension to Reply Comment Period: Draft Statement of ICANN's Role and Remit in SSR | ICANN

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 20:09:14 UTC 2012

The BC was pleased that Jeff Moss and Patrick  Jones joined the BC's meeting in Prague. The transcript is attached.  That was a high level interaction, but we now want to provide BC comments to the Framework and Remit in SSR.
As members will recall, we have a sub group to develop and focus on our BC positions in such areas, which are about ICANN governance.    All members are welcomed!
To date, members with special focus, declared interest or expertise:
Jeff Brueggeman, AT&T [member for CSG to SSR RT]Scott McCormick, Mccormickict.com [Official appointee from BC to DSSR]Bill Smith, PayPal [Independent expert to WHOIS RT]Lynn Goodendorf [Independent expert to WHOIS RT]Susan Goodendorf, Facebook, [member for CSG to WHOIS RT]Angie Graves,WebGroupMarilyn Cade, ICT StrategiesJim Baskin, VerizonMartin Sutton, HSBC
In particular, I am thinking that MarkMonitor, Canadian International Pharmacy Association, Facebook, BBB will have an interest,but I may be missing other members who have a SSR focus.  Our Secretariat will work with Jeff and Scott to find a date for a call with BC members on SSR comments.  Given the time frame for the extension, we may work for an early August date, but the Secretariat will do a doodle for availability for all BC members, after checking Jeff and Scott's availability.
Marilyn Cade, BC Chair

Extension to Reply Comment Period: Draft Statement of ICANN's Role and Remit in SSR

          Based on community feedback received during the ICANN meeting in Prague, CZ from 23-28 June, ICANN is extending the reply comment period on the Draft Statement of ICANN's role and remit in the security, stability and resiliency of the Internet's unique identifier systems. The reply comment period is being extended to 31 August 2012. Community feedback is encouraged.
Several consultation sessions on the role and remit statement were held in Prague:

	ccNSO Member's meeting - http://prague44.icann.org/node/31679
	Commercial and Business Users Constituency - http://prague44.icann.org/node/31709
	ICANN Security Team open session - http://prague44.icann.org/node/31745

The role and remit statement was also discussed during the DSSA Working Group meeting, http://prague44.icann.org/node/31805, and Board-level DNS Risk Management Framework Working Group open session, http://prague44.icann.org/node/31815. Transcripts or audio for these sessions are available on the links above.
Comments submitted to date can be viewed at: http://forum.icann.org/lists/draft-ssr-role-remit/