[bc-gnso] ICANN Seeks Input on gTLD Batching | ICANN

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 14:25:03 UTC 2012

DEAR BC MEMBERSThe BC members had significant concerns about digital archery. As you will recall,the Board has listened to the community and the proposed approach is below.
We had originally called for prioritization of IDNs and community facing applications; however,that view is not relevant with the new approach.
Please share any views you have on this approach via our bc list. If necessary, we will arrange a conference call, but I would anticipate that we can determinecontinued BC support from our list interactions.
Marilyn Cade, BC Chair

ICANN Seeks Input on gTLD Batching | ICANN

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-29jul12-en.htm
Opportunity for Community Input: Processing of New gTLD ApplicationsAt the Prague ICANN meeting, the newgTLD Program Committee decided to terminate Digital Archery, and instructedICANN staff to proceed with the initial evaluation of applications as quickly as possible. This evaluation is in progress based on a tentative project plan that foresees the processing of applications in a single batch, and simultaneous release of results. ICANN believes this approach is consistent with the constraints that various parts of the community have in performing their respective roles in the evaluation process, and with the feedback received from the community at the Prague meeting.