[bc-gnso] Re: Involuntary Reservation change by Hilton Prague

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Sat Jun 2 19:00:23 UTC 2012

[Resending with corrected address for Akram Atallah]

Marilyn,

I think we can all understand and empathize with you and everyone who was affected by the hotel's pre-emptory movement of people.  It would definitely aggravate me too.

That said, it's a bit unfair to escalate this in to questioning confidence in ICANN.  We have all been to many, many conferences and know the difference between having the conference organizers negotiate a rate with a hotel and having the conference organizers actually handle the booking.  Except for the people ICANN is paying for, i.e. the staff and the Board, ICANN does not handle the booking for attendees and has never represented that it does so.  If we were to do, we would have to expand the meetings staff substantially and go into the travel business.

Nick's team does a first rate job of planning and following through.  As you have seen, he was on top of this as quickly as he heard about it, and I am sure he is doing whatever can be done to resolve the problem.

Steve