[bc-gnso] FY13 Operating Plan and Budget Comment - Fellowship

Chris Chaplow chris at andalucia.com
Wed Jun 6 20:00:10 UTC 2012

Dear Gabriela,

Thanks for your input and offer from a fellowship perspective.

Marilyn added (below) “I did want to ask though, about the lack of detail in
the budget, such as the inability to find the Fellowship Program as a
detailed item; or the communications budget; totals for salary/benefits for
staff, etc. Were those not detailed in the Operating Plan and Budget? “

As far as the Draft FY13 Budget and operating plan is concerned there are no
financials attributed to the fellowship  so not a lot to comment from a
budget perspective.    “Fellowship” is mentioned  seven times in the text.
If you can download the document and word search these seven and see if
there is anything the BC should comment on here.

This is the Draft Budget

 <http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/op-budget-fy13-01may12-en.htm>
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/op-budget-fy13-01may12-en.htm

As far as the “FY13 Public Comment Solicitation for FY13 Community Travel
Support Guidelines”

This is a much lighter document and a good one for  newer BC members to help
with as it does not require any historical knowledge.

This document is mainly a resumen of the current status but does have a
section on fellowship and some other mentions so you will be able to
validate the info

<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/travel-support-2013-01jun12-en.
htm>
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/travel-support-2013-01jun12-en.h
tm

seven and see if there is anything the BC should comment on here.

best

Chris Chaplow
Managing Director
Andalucia.com S.L.