[bc-gnso] RV: [ccnso-nctsg] Study Group Progress Report and meeting cancellation

Chris Chaplow chris at andalucia.com
Thu Jun 28 10:34:59 UTC 2012

BC members,

I am one of the GNSO observers on the ‘ccNSO Study Group on Country and Territory names’

The Study Group is stocktaking current policy approaches, postulating the types and

categories of strings that could be interpreted as country or territory representations and analyzing

what happens when policies are applied to the identified strings.

The Chair of the group has produced a short initial report and I attach it for the interest of BC members.

Quick clarify points.

The work is not intended to be used in the current gTLD round.

The meeting scheduled for Thursday (today) has been cancelled.

The meetings are marked a ‘closed’ on the meeting agenda, however observers are welcome.

The groups wiki is at

 <http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/unctwg.htm> http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/unctwg.htm

I would appreciate any thoughts from members.

best

Chris Chaplow
Managing Director
Andalucia.com S.L.