[bc-gnso] Opening Speech by the Costa Rica President Laura Chinchilla

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 05:38:30 UTC 2012

Dear BC members
President Chinchilla's  speech is available at:  http://costarica43.icann.org/node/29527Transcript: President Chinchilla's Speech
http://costarica43.icann.org/meetings/sanjose2012/transcript-president-chinchilla-speech-12mar12-en.pdf   It was an uplifting speech, and supported by a few others.
On the other hand, to the members who asked me about Rod's speech, it seemed not as statesmanlike as should be. Our task, though, is soldiering on, focusing on work, and realizing that CEOs come, and go. We have major work this weekand ahead.
The community who creates ICANN's stakeholders continues.
I look forward to our breakfast. The GAC looks forward to meeting you. And then we will see the Board in the evening for a reception.
All opportunities!
I was so impressed by President Chinchilla's speech.
Marilyn CadeBC Chair