[bc-gnso] ICANN Eliminates Board Meetings at ICANN Meetings

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Tue May 1 14:03:00 UTC 2012

Marilyn & Sarah,

Unfortunately based upon my informal discussion with a couple of board
members it appears that there will be no more public board sessions.
Therefore it appears that all future Board meetings/actions will likely take
place in private.  Sadly over the last couple of years there has been a
growing number of board meeting even during the ICANN regional meetings
during which resolutions have been passed in closed sessions.
http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-15mar12-en.htm,
http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-2-14mar12-en.htm
(there were 2 such meetings in Costa Rica).

I also will not be able to attend the May 7th call because of my attendance
at INTA.

Best regards,

Michael