[bc-gnso] RE: .COM Renewal Comments

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Mon May 14 17:03:11 UTC 2012

ICA has no objection to incorporating Thick WHOIS for .com .

However, I do recall that the notes for the April 12th GNSO Council meeting indicated some concern that ICANN staff had misrepresented the Council's position on and role in regard to this matter.

I would just like to assure that calling for imposition on Thick WHOIS in the contract renegotiation process does not in any way usurp the Council's policymaking role - perhaps John Berard or someone else involved with Council activities can speak to that matter?

Assuming there is no conflict with the standard gTLD policy process, we are fine with the BC position.

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050