[bc-gnso] Policy calendar for 10-Sep-2012 BC member call
sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Mon Sep 10 00:42:24 UTC 2012
Here is the latest BC policy calendar, for use during our 10-Sep-2012 member call.
Channel 1. BC participation in ICANN Public Comment process:
ICANN Public Comment page is <http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment> <http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment> here<https://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment><http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment> <https://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment>
1. Draft policy recommendations for selection of IDN ccTLDs (initial comments close 18-Oct)
2. Draft statement of ICANN's role in Security, Stability, & Resiliency (reply comments close 11-Sep)
3. Locking a domain name subject to UDRP proceeding (reply comments close 24-Sep)
4. DSSA Working Group Phase 1 report (initial comments close 13-Sep)
5. SSAC report on dot-less domains (initial comments close 23-Sep)
Note: BC members are encouraged to submit individual / company comments. The BC selects topics on which to submit official positions based on member interest.
Channel 2. Support for discussion and votes of our representatives on GNSO Council
John Berard and Zahid Jamil, BC Councilors
Council teleconference on 13-Sep-2012, 15:00 UTC and 11:00 Eastern US time (<http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/agenda-council-10may12-en.htm><http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/agenda-council-07jun12-en.htm><http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/agenda-council-20jul12-en.htm>Agenda<http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/agenda-council-13sep12-en.htm>) (no motions are listed)
2. Consent agenda: Approve letter to board regarding International Registration Data WG report (link<http://gnso.icann.org/en/correspondence/van-gelder-faltstrom-to-icann-board-redline-06aug12-en.pdf>)
3. Council action on RAP recommendation for uniformity of reporting (link<http://gnso.icann.org/issues/rap/contractual-compliance-report-reporting-uniformity-16mar12-en.pdf>)
4. Whois Affirmation Review Team final report – consider a draft letter responding to the Board resolution<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-23jun12-en.htm#5> calling for GNSO input before taking action on the recommendations.
5. Report from Whois proxy/privacy Reveal & Relay feasibility survey. (link to Interisle report<http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois/whois-pp-survey-draft-report-31may12-en.pdf>)
6. Fake Renewal Notices — Registrars to comment on Drafting Team report to Council (link<http://gnso.icann.org/issues/frn/fake-renewal-notices-updated-report-20jun12-en.pdf>).
7. WG update on Protecting International Organizations in the gTLD expansion (Red Cross/Olympics)
8. Impact of new gTLDs on ICANN's structure (discussion). Board has asked GNSO for response.
9. Schedule for Toronto meeting
10. Planning for GAC high-level meeting in Toronto
GNSO Project Status available <http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/pending-projects-list.pdf> <http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/pending-projects-list.pdf> here<http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/pending-projects-list.pdf> <http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/pending-projects-list.pdf>
Channel 3. Supporting discussion and voting on policy matters before the Commercial Stakeholders Group (CSG)
Elisa Cooper, CSG Liaison, and Marilyn Cade (alternate)
Upcoming elections for GNSO Council Chair and Vice-Chair
Channel 4. BC statements and responses during public meetings (outreach events, public forum, etc.)
Thick Whois PDP drafting team (Susan Kawaguchi, Elisa Cooper)
Final report from the WG on definitions and metrics for Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice, and Competition in the new gTLD program. (Link<http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/cctc/cctc-final-advice-letter-17aug12-en.pdf>)
Remaining implementation work for gTLD expansion plan, incl BC requests for specific improvements (here<http://forum.icann.org/lists/newgtlds-defensive-applications/msg00022.html>). These previously-approved recommendations were discussed at US Govt meeting on 5-Sep.
Affirmation review team for Whois (Susan Kawaguchi, Lynn Goodendorf, Bill Smith)
Affirmation review team for SSR (Security, Stability, & Resilience) (Jeff Brueggeman)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bc-gnso