[bc-gnso] RE: Post on singular-plural problems

Marie Pattullo marie.pattullo at aim.be
Thu Apr 11 16:38:35 UTC 2013

Seconded. Thanks so much, Steve.

And we now have an invitation to the GNSO to come up with a fix – as Fadi said in the public forum according to the scribe:

ON THE ISSUE OF STRINGS THAT ARE PLURAL VERSUS SINGULAR, LET ME JUST BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THAT.  MANY OF YOU SPOKE ABOUT THIS.  THE GUIDEBOOK SAYS IT'S -- HAS TO BE CONFUSING SIMILARITY VISUALLY.  VISUALLY.  IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, AND I WILL ADMIT I MAY NOT AS WELL, GO AND FOLLOW PROCESS.  LET THE GNSO CHANGE THE POLICY.  THAT'S THE GUIDEBOOK.  THAT'S WHAT IT SAYS.  OKAY?  IT'S NOT FOR THE BOARD TO FIX THAT.  I MEAN, YOU'VE TOLD ME ALL WEEK, BOTTOM-UP.  SO BOTTOM-UP.  COME BACK AND TELL US HOW TO FIX THAT….