[bc-gnso] Report on Geograhic Indicator Debate at Durban

icann at rodenbaugh.com icann at rodenbaugh.com
Thu Aug 1 17:41:05 UTC 2013

I agree this is an issue the BC should address, as it is another bad
precedent of "GAC Rule".

Phil, you state the US legal position re TLD strings as trademarks, but
outside the US, at OHIM, in Denmark and quite a few other countries,
trademark authorities have granted trademark registration to TLD strings,
covering domain registry services and a wide variety of ancillary or
additional services.

Mike Rodenbaugh

RODENBAUGH LAW

Tel/Fax: +1.415.738.8087