[bc-gnso] Remarks by ICANN CEO regarding new gTLDs and Strawman

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Sun Feb 17 01:13:25 UTC 2013

ICANN CEO Fadi Chehade posted a video yesterday where he affirms the first new gTLDs will be approved in late April.

More relevant to the BC, see Fadi's remarks at 4:45 regarding the Strawman.

"I made a mistake in convening meetings in a way that may not follow the ICANN code of conduct."

"But I have not said that the work of the strawman is throwaway work."

"Some of the things in the Strawman belong to implementation and we will move forward with them maybe in the short term.  Other things may need to be moved back to the normal policy development process"

(Link<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kymny74B9dM&feature=player_embedded>)