[bc-gnso] Updated ICANN New gTLD Committee resolutions on GAC Advice from Beijing

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Thu Jul 4 20:44:56 UTC 2013

BC Members:  I updated our matrix of GAC's Beijing Advice to reflect 2-July resolutions of the Board New GTLD Program Committee (NGPC)

Headlines:
Category 1 strings are on hold, pending dialogue with GAC in Durban.

International government organizations (IGO) get temporary 2nd level protection — to be resolved later this year.
But if NGPC and GAC do not reach agreement on implementation issues by the first meeting after Durban, registry operators are required to protect only the IGO names identified on the GAC's "IGO List dated 22/03/2013" Annex 1

For reference:
The GAC Beijing Advice is here<http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/gac-to-board-18apr13-en.pdf>.
BC Comments on GAC Safeguards is here<http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/BC%20Comment%20on%20GAC%20Advice%20for%20new%20gTLDs%20FINAL[4].pdf>.
Board New gTLD Program Committee's 4-Jun resolution is here<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-04jun13-en.htm>.
Board New gTLD Program Committee's 25-Jun resolution is here<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-25jun13-en.htm>.
Board New gTLD Program Committee's 2-Jul resolution is <http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-25jun13-en.htm> here<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-02jul13-en.htm>.

--
Steve