[bc-gnso] RE: ICANN Staff Report on Public Comments re: GAC Safeguard Advice

Ron Andruff randruff at rnapartners.com
Thu Jun 20 18:04:15 UTC 2013

Sarah and all,

Your suggestion to have staff advise the number of 'for' and 'against' GAC
advise is well-taken.  Besides the fact that the report appears outright
biased, it is anything but an analysis of what was being said in the public
comments as evidenced by the BC submission which was largely overlooked.
There was also - as I noted on our call today - no mention of conflicts of
interest, which weigh heavily in such an analysis.

I would encourage the BC to consider how we approach a response calling for
a more neutral analysis with the accent on both 'neutral' and a real
'analysis' (as opposed to staff selected text) to frame an important
document that is going to the NGBC for their review.

Kind regards,

RA

Ron Andruff

RNA Partners