[bc-gnso] RE: ICC's informal contribution: Impact of new gTLDs on ICANN structures

john at crediblecontext.com john at crediblecontext.com
Thu Mar 28 15:15:54 UTC 2013

Ayesha,

Thank you for sending this along.  I think you have hit on at least three things that will certainly need to be addressed -- a rapid increase in participation, the likely faster-than-all growth of the contracted parties and the increased interest for any single entity to have an interest in multiple constituencies and stakeholder groups.  It is likely that the upcoming GNSO review will address those changes.

One think you suggest that I had not heard before but makes a lot of sense is the need for uniform voting rights in this new era and across all SOs and ACs.  I know that each island in the ICANN archipelago currently controls its voting procedures, but as the multiple interests of individual entities bridge two, three or more of them, uniform voting rights make a lot of sense for, well, the sense of it.

Cheers,

Berard
--------- Original Message ---------Subject: [bc-gnso] RE: ICC's informal contribution: Impact of new gTLDs on ICANN structures