[bc-gnso] responding to GAC Advice on new gTLD Safeguards

icann at rodenbaugh.com icann at rodenbaugh.com
Mon May 13 18:58:10 UTC 2013

From: owner-bc-gnso at icann.org [mailto:owner-bc-gnso at icann.org] On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 11:15 AM
To: Stéphane Van Gelder Consulting; Steve DelBianco
Cc: bc-gnso at icann.org
Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] responding to GAC Advice on new gTLD Safeguards

208 389-5779 PH

From: owner-bc-gnso at icann.org <mailto:owner-bc-gnso at icann.org>
[mailto:owner-bc-gnso at icann.org] On Behalf Of Stéphane Van Gelder Consulting
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 6:48 AM
To: Steve DelBianco
Cc: bc-gnso at icann.org <mailto:bc-gnso at icann.org>

Thanks Steve.

I may not be getting the point you are making, but I would feel it
inappropriate for the BC as a group to recommend use of an organisation that
is so closely linked with one specific TLD (Dot XXX).

I would prefer a more general comment along the lines of "in general, the BC
is in favor of industry self-regulation and recommends that for the specific
industries outlined in the GAC's advice on safeguards, an appropriate entity
be selected to provide guidance to help each industry sector self regulate."

Just very rough wording, but you get the general idea of my comments I'm
sure ;)

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Chairman and Managing Director/Fondateur
STEPHANE VAN GELDER CONSULTING

T (UK): +44 (0)7583 457053

T (FR): +33 (0)6 20 40 55 89

Skype: SVANGELDER
www.StephaneVanGelder.com <http://www.stephanevangelder.com/>
Follow us on Twitter: @stephvg and "like" us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/DomainConsultant <http://www.facebook.com/DomainConsultant>

LinkedIn: fr.linkedin.com/in/domainconsultant/
<http://fr.linkedin.com/in/domainconsultant/>

Le 13 mai 2013 à 14:22, Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco at netchoice.org