[bc-gnso] 29-Oct Workshop on gTLD Domain Collisions

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Fri Nov 1 01:20:52 UTC 2013

The BC was well represented Tuesday at a Workshop on new gTLD Collisions, hosted by the Online Trust Alliance.  (link<http://gtld-collision.eventbrite.com> to event).

I opened with "Setting the Stage" (link<https://otalliance.org/events/gTLD/ppts/Oct-2013%20OTA%20SSR%20Workshop%20-%20Steve.pdf> to presentation).
If you're a fan of Breaking Bad you'll like my final slide (below).  If you're not a fan of the series, you'll conclude that I have entirely too much time on my hands.

Marilyn Cade moderated a lively session on Collision Mitigation by ISPs, Infrastructure Providers & Business, where Sarah Deutsch presented Verizon's concerns about collisions.  Former BC member Mikey O'Connor was also on the panel.

Phil Corwin made interventions from the floor.  Microsoft and Fairwinds were also there, and other BC members joined remotely.

I will follow-up soon with take-aways from the conference.   Hint:  we should insist that ICANN accept our specific ideas for improving the new Framework for Collision Management — before they put a study out for bid by outside experts.

--Steve

[cid:A262094D-1758-412F-8D4C-E989FB5237CE]