[bc-gnso] BC GNSO Councilor & Small Business Seat on Nominating Committee Elections: Nominations close on Friday, Oct. 18th

Benedetta Rossi bc-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Oct 17 06:51:52 UTC 2013

Dear BC Members,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the election process, it is very
helpful. I will compile all comments received and aggregate them in order to
improve the election procedure as much as possible, and bring it to the
Executive Committee for approval for the next election. The current election
procedure was indeed approved by the Executive Committee prior to the
opening of the election.

In terms of historical procedures I can only speak from 2011 onwards, date I
started working for the BC, and the procedure was very similar to the
current one for elections, I just compiled the document making the procedure
clearer for members without changing the actual procedure itself. In the
previous Secretariat’s procedures manual the procedure was indeed the same.

For this election I changed what Sarah mentioned and moved the date of the
opening of the votes to the same date as the reception of ballots to avoid
having members voting prior to the opening of the vote, as it happened in
the last election. Thank you again for your feedback, Sarah.

Regarding the closed nomination process, as Chris mentioned the Voting
Officer is bound by the BC Charter (Section 8.2.3 – Special Rules for
Elections) to not announce nominations until the close of the nomination
period. Members nominating or being nominated are allowed to announce their
nominations if they so wish.

The actual process by which members submit their votes to
<mailto:bcvotes at hotmail.com> bcvotes at hotmail.com is in place to allow access
to the Verifying Officer and Returning Officer, and for records, but could
be modified for members to submit their nominations directly to the BC list
moving forward, if this is what members wish to do.

As previously noted I will gather all of the submitted comments, modify the
election procedure for future elections, and submit it to the Executive
Committee for approval.

Thank you ever so much,

Kind Regards,

Benedetta Rossi