[bc-gnso] FOR REVIEW: BC Letter on July UDRP Status Report

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Thu Sep 5 00:31:44 UTC 2013

As noted on our last 2 member calls, ICANN recently decided it didn't need uniform contracts for its UDRP/URS providers. (link<http://www.icann.org/en/help/dndr/udrp/providers/uniformity-process-19jul13-en.pdf>)  Uniform contracts were a core issue for us on our comments regarding new URS providers. (link<http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-acdr-proposal-01mar13/msg00007.html> to BC comment)

Phil Corwin has drafted a letter raising BC concerns and questions for ICANN leadership about this decision.  (below and attached).

There is no public comment deadline on this decision, since ICANN didn't allow for public comment at all.   So we will take the full 14-day review period as our charter requires.  (link<http://www.bizconst.org/charter.htm>)

So before 17-Sep-2013, please REPLY ALL with comments regarding the attached text.  If 10% of members object to the letter after Phil has replied to suggestions, we'll have a poll and/or discussion to determine whether there is majority support.

Once approved, our Chair Elisa Cooper would send this letter to ICANN CEO and Board Chair, where it would show as Correspondence. (link<http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence>)

Thanks to Phil Corwin for taking the initiative, and for being ready to handle member questions and suggestions.

Steve
Vice chair for policy coordination