[bc-gnso] LAST CALL: BC comment on RPM Requirements (filing deadline is 18-Sep)

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Sun Sep 15 00:32:40 UTC 2013

This is "Last Call" regarding proposed BC comments on Rights Protection Mechanism (RPM) requirements (attached).  This public comment (link<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/rpm-requirements-06aug13-en.htm>) closes 18-Sep.

Here's the history on this comment draft:

We circulated Elisa Cooper's initial draft on 26-Aug and discussed on our member call on 29-Aug.

Andy Abrams (Google) quickly suggested "a minimum 60-day combined sunrise/notice period as opposed to a minimum 30-day notice period and minimum 30-day sunrise period."

Liz (FairWinds), Laura (Yahoo), and Marie (AIM) agreed with Andy's suggestion.  As did Elisa, who circulated a new draft on 3-Sep.

Members who would object to the attached comment should REPLY ALL by 17-Sep indicating concerns.   Unless more than 5 members object, I will file these comments on 18-Sep.

Thanks to Elisa and Andy for their work on this comment.

Executive Director
NetChoice
http://www.NetChoice.org and http://blog.netchoice.org
+1.202.420.7482