[bc-gnso] FILED: BC comment on ICANN's proposed process for IANA transition

Laura Covington lhc at yahoo-inc.com
Sat May 10 04:05:44 UTC 2014

You guys rock.  This is really nicely done. Thank you

Laura Covington

On May 9, 2014, at 4:34 AM, "Steve DelBianco" <sdelbianco at netchoice.org<mailto:sdelbianco at netchoice.org>> wrote:

Today we filed the attached comment on ICANN’s proposed principles and process for IANA transition.

During the review period, several members said they supported the comment.  One member (Laura Covington) suggested we  cite the NETmundial success in our appeal to open the process more.  To that end, I added this to item 3:

Each constituency should be allowed to name individuals to the Steering/Convening Committee, with the goal of having the same broad representation of interests that made NETmundial successful.

Thanks again to Phil, Marilyn, Aparna, and Andrew for contributing to the draft.