[bc-gnso] Blog on Accountability (mentions the BC)

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Wed Oct 15 15:01:48 UTC 2014

I posted this at CircleID and wanted to share.  This post mentions the BC comments on accountability.

ICANN in Hollywood: Foreshadowing a Happy Ending?<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141014_icann_in_hollywood_foreshadowing_a_happy_ending/>

As we arrived in Hollywood -- the land of happy endings -- ICANN had just given us cause to hope that the ICANN accountability process might get its own Hollywood ending, despite a fitful start. As one who's been critical of ICANN management's heavy-handed attempts to control the accountability process, it's only appropriate to give credit where credit is due. In accepting the community's strenuous -- and nearly unanimous -- calls for a cross-community working group to lead the process of improving ICANN's accountability mechanisms, ICANN management says it's now prepared to follow the community's lead, rather than dictating and constraining it.

<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141014_icann_in_hollywood_foreshadowing_a_happy_ending/>read more<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141014_icann_in_hollywood_foreshadowing_a_happy_ending/>»<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141014_icann_in_hollywood_foreshadowing_a_happy_ending/>

-
Steve DelBianco
Executive Director
NetChoice