[bc-gnso] Planning for a highly effective ICANN60 on a couple of fronts

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 17:30:58 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues

I am wondering if we can figure out a few ways to be very high profile, at a low cost, during ICANN60.
for instance, there is a tribute to Steve Crocker. I worked with Steve for many years and I suggest that we draft a short statement of recognition for Steve, to have ready to share [if possible at the tribute] but if not, then at the public forum.

No cost for that, but perhaps we could use a small amount of money to buy a special gift -- a ink pen with his name and ICANN on it, for instance. It would not cost us much and you would be amazed at how much impact such small contributions make. That might cost us $100 if we bought a very nice pen.

We should do the same for Markus Kummer.  I am working on a few words and will ask perhaps our resident "chief of words", John Berard to help me, for all of you to review.

Being as effective as possible at the GAC/CSG lunch. As many know, I know many of the GAC personally, as I work in many other places outside of ICANN with some of them.  And I used to coordinate our Tuesday am events with GAC, Board, etc. If it is useful, I am happy to be of assistance to whomever is doing the coordinating. It can be challenging, and as Chantelle is not traveling with us, sometimes a bit of extra hands can be useful.

I am planning other commitments on the Onboarding and also an IGF National and Regional Initiatives event, so need to know if my help is in any way useful.

And thanks to John for posting my history project interview and to those of you who sent me congratulations off list, especially to those who noted they didn't know I was "around" back then. I especially enjoyed those private comments.

It might be interesting  for some to know that Mike Roberts was a BC member for several years, after he left his role as ICANN CEO/President, and represented us in a few vital roles.

Marilyn