[bc-gnso] Joint IPC/BC response to ICANN on a convergence model for GDPR and Whois

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Tue Feb 27 19:11:04 UTC 2018

Last Friday I circulated a proposed BC & IPC joint letter to ICANN regarding its anticipated draft interim model to achieve GDPR compliance for Whois.

No BC members registered any objections or edits as of 17UTC Monday, so we agreed to the joint letter.

Then late on Monday, IPC members added a section regarding self-certification/accreditation.  The IPC wanted to submit the letter at 17 UTC today, and I felt there was not sufficient time to allow BC members to review that specific section. Therefore, that section is attributed only to the IPC, as noted below.  Otherwise, the attached document is joint input of both the IPC and BC.

That said, the section on self-certification (plus) has much merit and should be reviewed by BC members this week.  See pages 5-6 in the attached letter

--Steve