[bc-gnso] Business Constituency Comment on draft PTI and IANA FY20 Operating Plan and Budgets

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Sat Nov 10 20:04:06 UTC 2018

Below and attached is the comment of ICANN’s Business Constituency (BC), regarding draft PTI and IANA FY20 Operating Plan and Budgets

PTI:

The BC notes responsive improvement in the FY20 PTI Operating Plan and Budget proposal based on past comments.  However, on page 7 there is a 0.1% reduction in FY20 Budget compared to that of FY19 when the subject values (Total Cash Expenses) are each USD$10m, which is confusing. Similar situation is noted on the computations. We request that figures be computed to 2 decimal positions instead of one so that the equivalent percentage difference can be apparent.

Also, since ICANN is producing long term budget scenarios, BC recommends that PTI does the same.

The BC endorses this draft PTI budget if noted computational errors are corrected.

IANA:
The BC notes responsive improvement in the FY20 IANA Operating Plan and Budget proposal based on past comments.   However, on page 5 there is a 0.1% reduction in FY20 Budget compared to that of FY19 when the subject values (Total Cash Expenses) are each USD$10m, which is confusing. We request that figures be computed to 2 decimal positions instead of one so that the equivalent percentage difference can be apparent.

We note an error in the computation of percentage increase of IANA budget handled by ICANN, which is 1.9% instead of 2.2% as indicated.

Also, since ICANN is producing long term budget scenarios, BC recommends that IANA does the same.

The BC endorses this draft IANA budget if noted computational errors are corrected.

--

This comment was drafted by Jimson Olufuye, and was approved in accord with our charter.

Vice Chair for Policy Coordination

ICANN Business Constituency