[bc-gnso] FILED: BC/IPC joint letter regarding Next Steps for Access to Non-Public WHOIS

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Fri Sep 7 13:12:22 UTC 2018

Today the BC and IPC sent the attached joint letter to ICANN Org CEO Goran Marby.

Thanks again to Mason Cole for shepherding this thru.

--Steve

From: Steven DelBianco <sdelbianco at netchoice.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 1:18 AM
To: BC Private <bc-private at icann.org>
Subject: FOR REVIEW BY 6-Sep: BC/IPC joint letter regarding Next Steps for Access to Non-Public WHOIS

BC members – back on 24-Jul we circulated a draft of a joint IPC/BC letter to ICANN Org, regarding next steps for an Accreditation and Access model for non-public Whois data.

BC members raised no objections at the time, but the IPC said it was drafting edits to the letter. Last week I received an IPC-approved letter (attached), and want to allow BC members to do another quick review.

I can tell you that the points in the letter match with the Early Input on the Temp Spec that BC members approved last week (link<https://www.bizconst.org/assets/docs/positions-statements/2018/2018_08August_31%20BC%20Early%20Input%20to%20EPDP%20on%20GDPR%20Temp%20Spec.pdf>).

BC members should reply with edits or objections by midnight on 6-Sep, so we can get this letter over to ICANN Org this week.

Thanks to Mason Cole for coordinating edits with the IPC.