[bc-gnso] FILED: BC comment on ICANN's Policy Status Report

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Tue Jul 2 19:45:31 UTC 2024

BC members,

Today we filed the attached BC comment on ICANN’s Policy Status Report<https://itp.cdn.icann.org/en/files/policy-update/policy-and-implementation-policy-status-report-16-05-2024-en.pdf>: GNSO Policy & Implementation Working Group Recommendations (link<https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/proceeding/policy-status-report-gnso-policy-implementation-working-group-recommendations-16-05-2024> to comments page).

Summary posted:

Our goal must be to ensure that efficient procedures and processes are in place, allowing for the delivery of timely, evidence-based reports upon which practical recommendations and actions can be formulated. We do not see the need for a proliferation of new working methods and structures within the policy development process.

In our comment, we offer assessments and recommendations regarding the listed GNSO processes, and conclude with advice to evaluate every policy outcome to determine whether it is fit for purpose.

Thanks to Marie Pattullo for drafting, and to Lawrence Olawale-Roberts and Steve Crocker for edits.