[bylaws-coord] Have I missed something?

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Sun Apr 3 09:03:40 UTC 2016

I have wasted a weekend keeping it free to review bylaws which have not
materialised.

Naturally I'm less than pleased.

Could someone from the team of lawyers please, in the name of all that is
good, give us an updated ETA for these rules?

And in future, could we please get updates of delays, rather than simple
silences?

Thank you,

Jordan

On Sunday, 3 April 2016, Andrew Sullivan via bylaws-coord <
bylaws-coord at icann.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do not have in my INBOX any messages about the bylaws drafts or when
> they're likely to be available.
>
> I have seen more than one suggestion that they'd be available on 2
> April.  There was no time zone associated with that date.  On the
> Internet, without a time zone, one ought to assume UTC.
>
> It's now 00:30 UTC by the clocks hereabout.  When can we expect text?
>
> Without wishing to sound crankier than I usually do (and I acknowledge
> that's a high bar), some of us have pointed out repeatedly that very
> close to the entire technical community remotely familiar with the
> term "IANA" will, as of tomorrow, engage in an extremely busy meeting
> for a week.  The chances of clued-in, careful review of the text
> decrease literally by the minute from the moment I write this, with
> attention returning sometime over a week hence.  If we do not get good
> review now, we might get extremely disruptive review in a week.  I
> urge whoever holds the publication handle to send whatever is
> available now, even under a banner of "early draft".
>
> Thanks,

> --
> Andrew Sullivan
> ajs at anvilwalrusden.com <javascript:;>