[bylaws-coord] question re bylaws implementation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Mar 28 12:12:39 UTC 2016

On Mar 24, 2016, at 2:17 PM, bylaws-coord at icann.org wrote:

> Becky -
>
> If we must take that approach, it should be a simple as possible while still being complete -
>
> 	"facilities the development of global number registry policies by
>         the affected community and other related tasks as agreed with
>         the RIRs.”
>
> This would allow ICANN and the RIRs to continue to work together in the administration
> of global number resources without requiring revisiting the bylaws as the specific tasks
> change.

Becky -

   I have confirmed that the above shortened mission language is acceptable to the
   executive committee of the ASO (i.e. NRO-EC)-; it provides sufficient leeway in
   scope for additional tasks without inclusion of specific tasks that could become
   dated or require envelopment in conditional language to avoid same.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
(President and CEO, ARIN)
ASO Liaison to the Bylaws Drafting Coordination group