[Capacity-Building-WG] [At-Large] Workshop 145 Importance of Regional Coordination in Internet Governance

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 02:01:24 UTC 2013

Sala,

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro
<salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> If you are in Bali, I would like to invite you to a workshop organised by the Address Supporting Organisation (ASO) which is also known as the NRO.

To be pedantic, the ASO != the NRO.

The ASO Advisory Council = the NRO Numbers Council, but the NRO is an
Association of Association (the 5 RIRs) acting in concert to protect
the unallocated numbering pool(s).

The ASO is ICANN's Addrsss Supporting Org, made up exclusively of Community
Members, elected by their respective RIR Community.  The ASO is not
the RIR staff, while the NRO is exclusivley RIR staff.

--
Cheers,

McTim