[Capacity-Building-WG] Pre-ATLAS II Capacity Building Programme

Maureen Hilyard hilyard at oyster.net.ck
Wed Apr 16 21:13:16 UTC 2014

Hi Tijani,

If we want people to come to these sessions regularly, they must first learn
something from them and there should not be any onerous evaluation after
them.

Based on the information that Dev has sent to us about the COMMUNICATION
session, the evaluation draft I have prepared should firstly just tell us if
we achieved OUR objectives or not, and how else we might be able to assist
ALSes to better understand the topic that has been introduced for later
sessions. As the initial evaluation, we also need to know that the
technology is working for them too, otherwise they won't be able to attend
anyway. My recommendation is to send a brief link to a monkey survey with
the invitation, that participants can return after the session, consisting
of the following.

(To be included into the invitation?)

ALSes are an important part of the At Large consultation process. Your
participation in policy development sessions contributes to decision-making
within At Large and ICANN overall. This session is part of a programme of
topics which aims to provide some background before the ATLAS II meeting in
London. You are expected to attend these sessions and the evaluation form
will record your attendance as well as provide us with valuable feedback.

(Evaluation form)

To: (Name)

Regional Group (RALO):

Email address:

Thank you for participating in our Pre-ATLAS II Capacity Building session on
COMMUNICATION

Please indicate your responses to the following questions.  (provide buttons
to click)

I was able to hear and understand the speakers during the session
Yes         No

I had no difficulty with the technology (Adobe Connect or phone
connectivity)                                                  Yes
No

I now understand:

1.       The communication network within At Large (ALSes, RALOs, At Large
Staff, the ALAC)                    Yes         No

2.       How to communicate with the At Large community (mailing list,
Skype, wiki, others?)                    Yes         No

3.       Where to find information about At Large meetings (emails, At Large
calendar)                                 Yes         No

4.       How to connect to and participate in an At Large meeting (Adobe,
phone bridge, Skype)              Yes         No

Any comments to help us with further capacity building training in this
area?

(provide a comments box- limit 50 words)

SUBMIT (to At Large staff)