[Capacity-Building-WG] CB Strategy 2019 - a kind request for approval

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Mon Mar 4 09:58:41 UTC 2019

Dear Joanna,
Thanks for sharing the Strategy.
I do agree with it and well done for a good job. However, I think the
strategy should also include how you intend to stagger the webinars for
different time zones.
Also, I think the aim should include working with other WGs for example in
AFRALO we have the Hot Topics WG which has been working closely with
ATLARGE CB WG when Tijani was the Chair. This enabled us to organise
webinars that are useful and in line with what is required by the region.
Looking forward to getting this approved in Kobe.
Thanks

AK

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 9:26 PM Joanna Kulesza <jkuleszaicann at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Great point Alberto, thank you for sharing. We hope to be able to present
> the strategy in Kobe and offer it for discussion. „Forming leaders” sounds
> like the perfect addition to the leader training we have on the agenda.
> Thanks!  Joanna
>
> niedz., 3 mar 2019 o 22:19 alberto Soto <alberto at soto.net.ar> napisał(a):
>
>> Dear, I agree.
>>
>> Leader training is planned. Maybe we should also think about "Forming
>> leaders".
>> In fact, in LACRALO in a short time we have planned a course for those
>> who have never held any position in our RALO, ALAC, ICANN and an
>> introductory ICANN Learn course will be mandatory.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Alberto
>>

>> El 3 mar 2019, a las 5:50 p.m., Joanna Kulesza <jkuleszaicann at gmail.com>
>> escribió:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> following Daniel’s example, I would  like to present the Capacity
>> Building Strategy before we all take off for Kobe. Thank you to everyone
>> who fueled the informed discussion and the trust you put in the CB WG. I am
>> very much looking forward to working with you towards the goals we have
>> identified.
>>
>> I would like to kindly ask you to look into and, hopefully, endorse the
>> CB Strategy. Following what seems to be an established custom, please
>> kindly consider to endorse the strategy by replying to the thread. The next
>> step would be to offer it to ALAC for their approval.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Joanna Kulesza
>>
>> Capacity Building Working Group co-chair
>>
>>> <At Large Capacity Building Strategy.docx>

*Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*. *B. Eng (BUK), M.Sc (York), PhD (York), R.Eng,
A+*
*Senior Lecturer, **Department of Telecommunications Science, University of
Ilorin, Nigeria*
*Vice Chairman, Telecommunications  Development Advisory Group (TDAG),
**International
Telecommunication Union (ITU).*
*Alternative Emails: olouss at yahoo.com <olouss at yahoo.com>  OR
 aao500 at york.ac.uk <aao500 at york.ac.uk>*