[cc-humanrights] Last call for CCWP charter

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 07:06:48 UTC 2015

Hi

I’m glad we’re having this conversation, think it’s useful.

> On Apr 6, 2015, at 6:27 PM, Niels ten Oever <niels at article19.org> wrote:
>
> Finally, Bill: do you think the issue about 'corporate' is more of an
> issue in CSR than in CR ? Because this was not brought up at the
> discussion in Singapore even though the title of the session was
> ICANNs Corporate Responsibility to Respect Human Rights.

That something doesn’t get mentioned in a particular meeting isn’t necessarily dispositive.

In any event, FWIW my inclination would be the frame the thing broadly as CCWP on ICANN and Human Rights and then under that broad rubric continue the dialogue about the best lines of operationalization and argumentation, which CSR could prove to be after more probing assessment of the various options’ strengths and weaknesses.

Best

BD