[cc-humanrights] Last call for CCWP charter

zalnieriute . zalnieriute at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 08:53:01 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

As we are about to start writing a new research paper/report for ICANN
53 together
with Niels and Article 19 , it would be great if You could comment and
suggest what could be added/deleted from the initial draft OUTLINE and
propose the potential length & title for the paper.

Se my initial proposal below, and all are welcome to make suggestions:

*Corporate and Social Responsibility to Respect Human Rights: Practical
Recommendations for ICANN *

 1.  1. Introduction

2.  2. The Internet Specific CSR- HR Considerations

3.  3. Learning from Others: How the Human Rights Policies Have Been
Implemented in Other Organizations

    3.1.Insights from IHRB Report & Sample HR Policies
    3.2. Insights on CSR-HR as they relate to

                a) freedom of expression

                b) data protection and privacy
    3.3.Internet specific CSR_HR initiates/projects, each as, e.g., Silicon
        Valley Standard, Global Network Initiative
    3.4. Lessons for ICANN

4. Fitting CHR-HR mechanisms/policies into ICANN Context/Policy process;

    4. 1. Short-term/ad hoc measures
    4. 2. Long-term continuous procedures/mechanisms in place

           4. 3. HR impacts assessments & how that could be implemented in
                ICANN.

5. Examples of/Potential Areas/Policies Where CSR-HR Needs to Be
Implemented

     This could include one or both:
     5.1. Some broad naming of problematic areas; and/or
     5.2. Closer look/case study on specific policy (e.g., the UDRP - to go
to, e.g., in the Annex?);

6. Conclusions/Recommendations

Will be waiting for Your ideas and suggestions,

Best wishes

Dr. Monika Zalnieriute
Centre for Internet & Human Rights
European University Viadrina